Do you own a business in New York with unique fire protection needs? When it comes to preserving your merchandise or equipment, water can often be just as damaging as fire. Fortunately, with a CO2 fire suppression system, you can get the protection you need.
When you choose Fire Guys NY to install and service your fire protection equipment, you’re choosing an honest service provider with licensed fire safety specialists on staff and over 25 years of industry experience. Let us handle the ins and outs of code compliance and provide you with the best system for your New York business.
Want to learn more? Contact Fire Guys NY to schedule a fire suppression system consultation today.
What is a CO2 Fire Suppression System?
Carbon dioxide, or CO2, is a type of clean agent fire extinguishing system. It’s non-damaging to property, electrically non-conductive, and chemically inert, qualities that make it an excellent extinguishing agent in a wide variety of applications.
When a CO2 fire suppression system activates, it “floods” the area with carbon dioxide gas, smothering the fire and starving the flames of oxygen. This makes combustion impossible, so the fire goes out. For this reason, CO2 systems should only be used in unoccupied hazard locations, or personnel should avoid the area while the gas is discharging.
CO2 fire suppression systems come in two forms: high-pressure steel cylinders (recommended for smaller hazards or where storage space is limited) and low-pressure refrigerated tanks (best suited for larger applications where more extinguishing agent is needed).
Where is CO2 Fire Suppression Used?
Businesses with special hazards or high-risk environments that could be damaged by water may benefit from a CO2 fire suppression system. You should consider installing this equipment if you work in the following industries:
- Power generation
- Metal production and processing
- Cement manufacturing
- Electronics production or operation
- Automated storage and retrieval
Benefits of CO2 Fire Suppression
- Fast acting: CO2 spreads across the hazard area quickly, smothering the fire within seconds.
- Environmentally friendly: Carbon dioxide is naturally present in the atmosphere. Using a small amount to extinguish a fire on your property has no negative environmental impact.
- Inexpensive: As one of the lowest costing clean agents, CO2 is an affordable way to protect your building’s special hazard areas from fires.
- Non-damaging and non-conductive: CO2 won’t damage sensitive computers or electronic equipment. It’s also appropriate for many applications because of its non-conductive nature.
- No clean-up required: Carbon dioxide is a gas, so using it to quench a fire leaves no moisture, stickiness, or particle residue behind.
- Adaptive design options: You can design your system to meet a variety of hazards and configurations.
CO2 Fire Suppression Services from Fire Guys NY
- Installations and upgrades: We help design CO2 fire suppression systems, both in new buildings and when upgrading older equipment.
- Inspections and testing: We have 12 field technicians on our team who are trained to inspect and test CO2 fire suppression systems for code compliance purposes.
- Repairs: Let us repair or recharge your CO2 system to prevent leaving your building vulnerable to fire.
Schedule CO2 Fire Suppression System Services in New York
At Fire Guys NY, we’re dedicated to helping our customers achieve maximum fire protection and code compliance. Our crew is comprised of fire protection experts that take a practical, synergistic approach to fire protection. Let us handle all your CO2 fire suppression system needs, including installation, upgrades, inspections, testing, and repairs.
To schedule the fire protection services you need for your New York business, please contact Fire Guys NY online or call our expert team at (631) 253-0138 today!
Our Service Area: Bohemia, the Bronx, Brooklyn, Long Island, Manhattan, Mount Vernon, New Rochelle, New York City, Patchogue, Port Jefferson, Queens, Scarsdale, Staten Island, White Plains, Wyandanch, Yonkers, and the surrounding areas.